Lehigh Valley Engineering Council Meeting
Minutes of April 12, 2007
Council Meeting Held at Lehigh University Packard Lab
- Bernie Telatovich called the meeting to order at
- Roll Call of Attendees
Telatovich ASCE ECLV Agnes
Muranyi – SWE SME
Talhelm IEEE Mike
Remy PSLS Cindy
Gardiner ECLV Andrew
Boyer ECLV Rigels
Flemming ECLV Elizabeth
Horahan AICHE SWE
- Welcome Guests
- PSLS - ECLV Lehigh U.
- Treasurer’s Matters -Tom will proved a full
accounting report regarding the banquet once all debts are paid or
payments received. Contact Brad Pease for PSPE outstanding.
- Engineer’s Week Banquet – Follow up discussion on
the past banquet (2007) was initiated by Bernie – Also a discussion on
future strategy, location and budgeting on 2008 Banquet took place.
- Web-Site – Discussion about this information
source was initiated. Agnes
followed up with information. A
discussion regarding next years hosting fee was held.
- Improved Membership (New Organizations-New
People) This issue is always a topic of good discussion, however, the
difficulties of membership in our type or organization is well know. Keith has one lead for local school
participation. A discussion about
contacting High School Guidance counselors was held.
- Sponsorships: A discussion about LVEC
sponsorships in the past year was held.
A motion to sponsor a golf hole ($150.00) at the PSPE golf tournament
was approved. Tom to relay funds
- Other activities– ECLV has been re-started among LU students. LVEC will support this organization and
appreciates the as its members present and Sponsor other group activities.
- Other LVEC activities – member groups
- Succession Planning – Nominations in MAY
- Next Meeting scheduled for May 3, 2007 at 6:00
P.M. Meeting adjourned at 7:30.