Lehigh Valley Engineering Council Meeting
Minutes of December 5, 2007
Council Meeting Held at Silver Creek Country Club - Hellertown PA
1. Agnes M. called the meeting to order at 6:15 P.M.
2. Roll Call of Attendees:
|Keith Gardiner – ECLV||James Shimalla - Student, Lehigh University|
|Agnes Muranyi-Walp – SME, SWE||Bernie Telatovich – ASCE|
|Jack C. Levendoski - Student, Lehigh University||David Toler - SAE|
|Don Talhelm - IEEE||Bob Walp - SME|
3. Motion to approve minutes from last meeting on November 8, 2007, with small correction.
4. Engineer’s Week Banquet – Engineer’s Week Feb 17-23.
Speakers: K. Gardiner
Speaker: Ms. Zarina Stanford, Director of Marketing. She is responsible for all aspects of marketing, including portfolio marketing, customer programs, and technical marketing for Tivoli software, a division of IBM Software Group, worldwide.
Topics: Will be determined at the next meeting January, 2008.
5. Reservation for Silver Creek - D. Talhelm
Reservation is in process. Menu will be selected at the next meeting in January 2008.
Reservation can be make by email, instruction will be available at the LVEC website, or by phone calling David Toler or Agnes Muranyi.
6. Guests List:
Contact list finalized, to: Lehigh University, Lafayette, Morning Call, EPBJ, LCCC, NCC, Penn State, Wilkes University.
7. Supplement for East Penn Business Journal and Pikewood – A. Muranyi
Dead line for accepting supplements for EPBJ is January 21, 2008. Deadline for accepting supplements for Pikewood is February 1st.
8. Website – A. Muranyi
Update available about the banquet: place, date, EPBJ supplements acceptance criteria and deadline, sponsorship criteria. Speaker bio will be attached before December 15, 2007.
Detail about the reservation with menu, will be posted at the LVEC website after January 10, 2008.
Events of Member Societies updated "As Received".
9. Calendar – Updated with the most important events.
10. Sponsored Activities –
Future City: Proceed as planned – Judges need for Jan. 26, 2008
PA Junior Academy of Science: Motion passed to donate $200
11. Treasurer's Report - T. Reilly
Submitted via email: Cash in hand: $8,633.08
12. Meeting adjourned at 8:00 PM.
13. Next meeting – Thursday January 10, 2008 at Lehigh University, Packard Lab, Room 234.