Lehigh Valley Engineering Council Meeting
Meeting Minutes for December 4, 2008
Council Meeting Held at Packard Lab 324 – Lehigh University
Motion to approve minutes by Agnes with second by Don.
a. Speaker Update
1. Mike couldn’t be at meeting, but gave Elizabeth suggestion on Tom Tuffy on Go Green Save Green. Motion by Tom to accept Tom Tuffy as speaker and second by Ken. Tom Tuffy is Director, Center for Energy Enterprise and the Environment Penn Future.
2. Update on Speaker via email that Tom is not available. Elizabeth sent out email with list of possible speakers to review at next meeting.
b. Banquet Agenda
1. Start awards right after meal is finished before desert with Young Engineer then Sr. Engineer awards.
2. Dinner to start at 7:00PM with fruit and salad on table. Awards to start at 7:45. Featured speaker start at 8:15 talk until 9:00 then 15 minutes for Q&A session.
c. Sponsor Letter
1. Elizabeth handed out draft version some suggestions made and she will update and resend for distribution to members.
d. East Penn Business Journal
1. Special edition published Feb 9th need articles by mid-January.
Treasurer report given showing current balance of $8,148.55. Tom still looking at investment accounts to put some of the money. It was suggested that $2,500 invested in 6 month CD’s with 2.5% interest in $1,000 increments so money would be freed up by Banquet time. Ken to forward WISA Section Treasurer contact info to Tom since WISA invests.
Discussion on giving Gold sponsors top placement on website to encourage participation. Will need Banquet info and business journal articles.