Minutes for February 2, 2006
Council Meeting Held at Lehigh University Packard Lab Room 324
Bob Abbott Called the Meeting to order at 6:20 P.M.
1. Roll Call of Attendees
Bob Abbott, ASCE, ASHE
Keith Gardiner, ECLV
Bernard Telatovich, ASCE, ECLV
Agnes Muranyi, SME, SWE, SAE
Don Talhelm, IEEE
Michele Stuart, SWE, IIE, SME, ECLV
Joshua Kaufman, Lehigh
Ryan McAdam, IIE
Minutes of January meeting approved as amended. Bernie to send amended minutes to Agnes.
3. Treasurer’s Report
No report available.
4. Email Addresses
The importance of obtaining current email address from member groups remains a concern. Don Talhelm requested a copy of the list provided by Tom Reilly.
5. Engineer’s Week Banquet
1. Project Management Schedule for Banquet- Follow through with Activity list this meeting. Michele is working on this. Follow up and assistance maybe needed.
2. Hotel Accommodations – Assignment completed.
3. EPBJ – Advertising in program – Deadline has passed. About 12 articles into the journal.
4. Speaker- Ronna F. Robertson, SWE President. Bernie to follow up with speaker’s appreciation gift.
5. Sponsors – Bob Abbott to coordinate. All should try to obtain sponsors. to assist.
6. Banquet Programs Michele takes the lead including award winners list and printing. Bob to finish opening remarks. Winners of engineer of the year and young engineer of the year to Michele. Deadline for sponsors to go into program is February 10.
7. Lehigh and Lafayette –Obtain adds in Lehigh and Lafayette papers.
8. Cost per seat – Remain at $35.00. Students will be charged $10.00
9. Engineer of the Year – Angelika to provide winners names. Bernie to coordinate Bios for publication.
10. Political Proclamations – Only if NSPE coordinates and obtains. Bernie will coordinate with Bill Erdman.
11. Invitation of Dignitaries –Individual organizations or companies. Names to be given to Don or Bob.
12. Invitation to Press – Two seats for EPBJ plus guest approved.
13. LVEC awards/certificates – LVECs efforts pursued by Bob Abbott for recognition.
14. Invocation – Peter Terry will try to obtain volunteer for this effort.
15. Banner/Banner Set-up – Must be delivered to Greenpond between 9-4 on Thursday 16th.
16. AV requirements – Don Talhelm will provide as needed. Label Maker – option for printing Name tags.
Michele to follow up with SWE if needed.
6. Other LVEC Activities
Agnes provided information regarding changes and options for the web site.
8. Activities of Member Organizations –
IIE student section Fall 2006 conference. More information to come.
SWE program February 4th
Mathcounts February 11th- Volunteers needed.
9. Old Business
10. New Business – NONE DISCUSSED
Meeting Adjourned at 7:40 P.M.
REMINDER – Next meeting is scheduled for Thursday April 6, 2006 at 6:00 P.M. in Packard Lab, Room 324 on Lehigh’s campus.