Council Meeting Held
at Packard Lab 324
1. Approve Minutes from the last meeting, January 8, 2009. Approved
2. Engineers Week 2009:
a. Speaker June Wispelwey
· What gift will we get her?
· Can she make the PowerPoint slides from her presentation available for download?
· She will touch on Technologies for Carbon Management
Projector has been reserved (Daryl),
b. Sponsorship Discuss current standing
· To date we have raised $4,500+
c. East Penn Business Journal 16 articles and 8 photographs submitted
· We have received good feedback, thanks to everyone who wrote articles
d. Pamphlet Draft
· Will be completed soon
e. I scream, You scream, we all scream for LINcream!
· Will require 2 tables
f. Questions for Holiday Inn
· Do we need to provide an extension cord and table for the computer/projector?
· How early can we set up?
· When do banners have to be there? Will they hang them for us?
· Will there be a table for fruit/cheese?
g. Name Tags
· Ben will obtain plastic holders from Bernie
· Daryl will print tags for banquet
· Will include table number/meal option/LVEC Logo
h. Other Banquet Details
· We will have table for proclamations and thank you letters
· Both university presidents declined invitations
· We do have a contingency date the following week
· IEEE is requesting two tables
i. Delegated Responsibilities
· Registration Ken and Tom
· EPBJ Pickup (300 copies?) Ben
· Fruit/Vegtable Tray Pick Up Coordinate with Bernie
· Coordinate with sponsors to set up tables - Ben
3. Activities Past
3. Activities for the Upcoming Year:
January: Future City will need judges
Email went out to the group
· Keynote speaker from Nuclear Regulatory Commission in DC (Jennifer Summers)
· Contact PSPE if ASCE wants a table
e. Possible IEEE job fair in future
g. ASMI Iron Pigs Game (Possible multi-organization event)
4. Treasurers Report T. Reilly-
5. Website Update A. Muranyi-
· Will be updated to include sponsors and Engineer of the Year/Young Engineer of the Year Biographies and Photos
6. New Business
7. Next meeting Thursday March 5, 2009 at Lehigh University, Packard Lab, Room 324.