Council Meeting Held at Lehigh University Packard Lab Room 324
Bob Abbott Called the Meeting to order at
1. Roll Call of Attendees
Bob Abbott, ASCE, ASHE
Keith Gardiner, ECLV
Bernard Telatovich, ASCE, ECLV
Agnes Muranyi, SME, SWE, SAE
Angelika Forndran, SWE, PSPE
Tom Reilly, ASME
Don Talhelm, IEEE
Michele Stuart, SWE, IIE, SME, ECLV
Minutes of December meeting not
published. December meeting held at
3. Treasurer’s Report
Tom Reilly reported that the
Balance as of
4. Email Addresses
The importance of obtaining current email address from member groups remains a concern. Tom Reilly will provide information on member groups that will help in contacting them for the banquet and for other events. Please provide all information that you have available to Bernie Telatovich or Agnes Muranyi.
5. Engineer’s Week Banquet
1. Project Management Schedule for Banquet- Follow through with Activity list this meeting. Michele is working on this. Follow up and assistance maybe needed.
2. Hotel Accommodations – Assignment completed.
3. EPBJ – Advertising in program – Bernie is the “big picture” coordinator for this effort with EPBJ. Bernie assigned to review articles. Agnes to get word out via email regarding final dates (January 31) for articles. .
4. Speaker- Ronna F. Robertson, SWE President. Bernie to follow up with speaker’s appreciation gift.
5. Sponsors – Bob Abbott to coordinate. Bernie to assist.
6. Banquet Programs Michele takes the lead including award winners list and printing. Bob to finish opening remarks. Angelika to provide winners list to Michele.
7. Lehigh and Lafayette involvement –Students who pay independently, without any member or group sponsorship, will be charged a nominal $10.00
8. Cost per seat – Remain at $35.00.
9. Engineer of the Year – Angelika to provide winners names. Bernie to coordinate Bios for publication.
10. Political Proclamations – Only if NSPE coordinates and obtains.
11. Invitation of Dignitaries –Individual organizations or companies. Names to be given to Don or Bob.
12. Invitation to Press –Not discussed.
13. LVEC awards/certificates – LVECs efforts pursued by Bob Abbott for recognition.
14. Invocation – Peter Terry will try to obtain volunteer for this effort.
1. Banner/Banner Set-up – Must be delivered to Greenpond between 9-4 on Thursday 16th.
2. AV requirements – Don Talhelm will provide as needed. Angelika to follow through on set-up and needs.
6. Other LVEC Activities
Agnes provided information regarding changes and options for the web site.
8. Activities of Member Organizations –
IIE student section Fall 2006 conference. More information to come.
IEEE January 14th Technical meeting
SWE program February 4th
Mathcounts February 11th- Volunteers needed.
9. Old Business
10. New Business – NONE DISCUSSED
Meeting Adjourned at
REMINDER – Next meeting is