Lehigh Valley Engineering Council Meeting
Minutes of May 3, 2007
Council Meeting Held at Lehigh University Packard Lab
- Bernie Telatovich called the meeting to order at
- Roll Call of Attendees
Telatovich ASCE ECLV Agnes
Muranyi – SWE SME
Talhelm IEEE Elizabeth
Horahan AICHE SWE
- Welcome Guests
- PSLS and ASM are new members.
Contact at PSLS is Nick Remy.
Contact at ASM is Ryan DiSabella (or Ryan Deacon)
- Treasurer’s Matters -Tom will provide a full
accounting report. regarding the banquet once all debts are paid or
payments received. Contact Brad Pease for PSPE outstanding.
- Web-Site – Discussion about this information
source was initiated. Agnes
followed up with information. A
discussion regarding next years hosting fee was held. A discussion
regarding E-Week and updates on the web site was held.
- Improved Membership (New Organizations-New
People) This issue is always a topic of good discussion, however, the
difficulties of membership in our type or organization is well know. A discussion on
organization activity and LVEC sponsorship of organizations was initiated
concurred with the membership discussion.
- Sponsorships: A discussion about LVEC
sponsorships in the past year was held.
Bernie Telatovich will provide a preliminary draft of Guidelines
that the Board should look at when allocating funds for purposes
commensurate with the LVEC purpose and mission. A motion to sponsor The Hillside School Science Fair ($200.00)
was approved. Tom to relay funds
to Bernie who will present to The Hillside School.
- Tau Beta Pi discussion regarding upcoming events
was initiated by Elizabeth Horahan.
A discussion regarding the 50th annual college
competition/papers among IEEE organizations and/or members was initiated
by Don Talhelm.
- Meeting Calendar – A discussion was held
regarding scheduling of meetings during the summer and possibly becoming
concurrent with the school year calendar.
- Succession Planning – Nominations in MAY
- Agnes Muranyi
Vice-Chair - Open
- Elizabeth Horahan
- Next Meeting scheduled for June 14, 2007 at 6:00
P.M. Meeting adjourned at 7:05.