Lehigh Valley Engineering Council Meeting
Council Meeting held at Lehigh University Packard Lab Room 324
Bernie Telatovich called meeting to order at 6:12 pm
1. Roll Call of Attendees
Bob Abbott, ASCE, ASHE Bernie Telatovich, ASCE
Keith Gardiner, ECLV Agnes Muranyi, SME, SWE, SAE
Tom Reilly ASME, SAE Don Talhelm, IEEE
October minutes were accepted by Board vote.
3. Treasurer Report
Tom presented treasure’s report. Motion passed to accept treasurer’s report. In addition, Tom reported that about half of the member societies’ dues were sent out and rest to follow.
4. Engineers Week Banquet- February 23, 2007
5. Other LVEC Activities
1. Future Cities- Keith reported that one of the Parkland Schools is very interested in getting involved.
2. Math Counts- No report at this time.
3. LVSTEM Conference- Held on Saturday, November 4th, LVSTEM Conference had 19 contributors’ present papers. LVSTEM proved to be more successful than was thought especially since the short time notice given to promote papers. Congratulations to Keith for an outstanding job!
4. PSPE Golf Outing- PSPE will contact us in regards to participating in a joint golf outing scheduled for next spring/summer.
5. LCTI- Bernie will make future presentation on offering sponsorship money for a statewide contest.
Agnes presented update on website. Changes made to make website easier to read and additional banquet information will be added. Once again Agnes reminded us to please forward any new information regarding our member societies.
7. Activities of Member Societies
1. ASCE has meeting scheduled for November 14th. December 6th is annual ASCE Christmas banquet.
2. ASHE has joint meeting scheduled on November 16th with Delaware Valley Chapter.
8. Old Business
9. New Business
Board voted, Keith made motion and Don seconded, to supplement PSPE scholarship fund with $200.00 donation from LVEC. Since we voted to give PSPE $200.00, Bernie will ask PSPE to send one of their members to attend our Board meetings in Angelika’s absence.
Meeting adjourned at 7:45 pm.
Next meeting will be Thursday, December 7, 2006 at 6:00 pm at Packard Lab, Room 324.