Lehigh Valley Engineering Council Meeting
Minutes of November 6, 2008
Council Meeting Held at Lehigh University, Packard Lab, Rm. 324
1. Elizabeth Horahan called the meeting to order at 6:06 P.M.
2. Roll Call of Attendees:
Elizabeth Horahan – SWE, AIChE David Toler – SAE
Daryl Callan – EWB USA Mike Basta – PSPE
Ben Guthrie – ASCE Bob Walp – SME
Don Talhelm – IEEE John Hyland - ECLV
3. Minutes from the last meeting Oct. 9, 2008 were approved.
4. Engineer’s Week Banquet –
- Menu chosen
- Will need a table for the cheese/fruit during cocktail hour
- Mike Basta will report next time on speakers
- Daryl has reported that we will have LINcream during the cocktail hour
5. Sponsored Activities:
STEM – need to register by November 11
6. Treasurer’s Report (T. Reilly) – Tom was not present. We will get the update next time.
7. New Business –
Go Green/Save Green event – Mike Basta to report on next time. Our potential speakers will be speaking at the event.
PSPE – PSPE Annual Conference and NSPE Northeast Region Conference to be held at Bear Creek Mountain Resort in Macungie Oct 15-17, 2009. This Conference is a great opportunity to get continuing education credits.
IEEE – meeting on Mobile Robotics on Nov. 19.
Presentation to Southern Lehigh High School on forensic engineering
EWB – meeting November 19. Professional and Student chapters memo of understanding. In the process of choosing their charity.
PPL building is LEED – Mike has a contact who can get information on tours.
8. Meeting adjourned at 6:42 PM.
9. Next meeting – January 8, 2009, Lehigh Packard Lab Room 324