Lehigh Valley Engineering Council Meeting
Council Meeting held at Lehigh University Packard Lab Room 324
Bob Abbott called meeting to order at 6:07pm
1. Roll Call of Attendees
Bob Abbott, ASCE, ASHE Angelika Forndran, SWE, PSPE
Agnes Muranyi, SME, SWE, SAE Tom Reilly, ASME
Don Talhelm, IEEE Ryan M (? Last name), Lehigh Student
September meeting was annual picnic, no formal meeting: informal discussion on banquet.
3. Treasurer Report
Treasurer Tom Reilly reported no activity took place since last report and LVEC account balance as of October 4, 2005 is $7,463.32.
4. Engineers Week Banquet- February 24, 2006
5. Other LVEC Activities
1. Future Cities- Not discussed at meeting.
2. Math Counts- Angelika reported that PSPE has a new Math Counts chairperson and will provide agenda at PSPE October meeting. Angelika will report at our November Board meeting.
3. Lehigh Student Participation with LVEC activities- Ryan M, a Lehigh student (not sure of last name), attended meeting to report on our activities to Keith Gardiner and encourage fellow Lehigh engineering students to participate in LVEC activities.
4. Keith Gardiner & Lehigh Student Participation- Keith will present a discussion on “ENERGY- Life After 2015” OR What strategies for engineers as the oil runs out?” on Thursday, November 10th at 6:30 pm. Location at Lehigh campus is Neville Auditorium.
Agnes reported that changes and updates were made to the website which include updating links to the Engineering Societies. In addition, Agnes added navigation buttons to “shortcut” the number of keystrokes required to navigate around the website. The website is now more “user friendly”.
7. Activities of Member Societies
PSPE- Monthly meeting will be held on Monday, October 10, 2005. Contact Angelika for details.
8. Old Business
LVEC Master Plan will be presented at November meeting.
9. New Business
Meeting adjourned at 7:42 pm.
REMINDER: Next meeting will be THURSDAY, November 3, 2005 at 6:00pm at Packard Lab, Room 324