Lehigh Valley Engineering Council Meeting
Council Meeting held at Lehigh University Packard Lab Room 324
Bernie Telatovich called meeting to order at 6:10 pm
1. Roll Call of Attendees
Bob Abbott, ASCE, ASHE Bernie Telatovich, ASCE
Keith Gardiner, ECLV Agnes Muranyi, SME, SWE, SAE
Tom Reilly ASME, SAE Don Talhelm, IEEE
September minutes accepted with corrections.
3. Treasurer Report
Tom presented treasurer’s report. Motion passed to accept treasurer’s report.
4. Engineers Week Banquet- February 2007
5. Other LVEC Activities
1. Future Cities- Keith will develop paper and report by November 4th.
2. Math Counts- No report at this time.
3. LVSTEM Conference- Scheduled for this Saturday, November 4th at 8:00 am. Twelve papers will be presented .Location at Lehigh University’s Neville Auditorium. LVEC to sponsor and provide manpower assistance.
Agnes will present update at the November meeting. In addition, Agnes wants us to remind our member societies to e-mail her their newsletters, meeting announcements, list of their 2006/2007 chapter officers, and any other newsworthy item so she can add to all of this information to our LVEC website. Agnes will send a reminder to all the member societies to send a representative to the LVEC Board Meetings.
7. Activities of Member Societies
1. ASCE/ASHE/PSPE are sponsoring a joint meeting on 10/19/06 at Holiday Inn Conference Center. Route 222 tour and presentation. Meet at Holiday Inn at 4:30 p.m.
2. IEEE is sponsoring a tour of the Allentown Waste Water Treatment Plant on 10/10/06 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
3. LCTT is holding a reception and dinner at the Lehigh Career & Technical Institute on 11/2/06 starting at 5:00 p.m. with a tour of this facility starting at 6:45 p.m.
8. Old Business
9. New Business
We will “brainstorm” getting new people to help us manage LVEC.
Meeting adjourned at 7:35 pm.
Next meeting will be Thursday, November 2, 2006 at 6:00 pm at Packard Lab, Room 324.